Friday, February 15, 2013

*Happy Danceeeeeeeeeeeee*

Disclaimer: As I'm typing this out I'm still happy dancing around my room - so excuse any mistakes. LALALALALALALA I don't even care right now weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Before I get ahead of myself, let me just tell you the worst things about applying to universities. It may be one of the MOST HORRIBLE things you will ever do. Self-inflicted torture, I'd call it.

You see, UCAS and the universities, they send stuff through email. So being the impatient as I am, I downloaded the hotmail app into my phone. So every single time a notification from hotmail - one new message - pops out, my heart will literally stop. STOP I TELL YOU STOP. And thennnnnnn when you open it, turns out it's just another random email from some random thingy and you start hating getting mail. This has been going on for almost 4 months now, so you can probably guess how agitated I am. Then 3 weeks ago, I got the email stating that I'd gotten an interview from Leicester. That felt so good.

I went for the interview exactly two weeks ago, and I wasn't sure if I did well. There were so many questions that I really had no answer for and just thought up answers on the spot. I really thought they were crappy and I kept beating myself up about them afterwards. 

2 weeks passed, and the word impatient can't even describe how I've been. Hotmail has been an obsession. 

Then just now. I was playing with my phone, when suddenly - 
one new message.

While my heart stopped, my mind went 'Meh, sure another message from Pinterest or smth.' 

Then I clicked.

And saw this. 


Everything stopped. My heart stopped, my mind just went blank. Poof. 

Click.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand yeah you can prolly tell :P I GOT IN! :D 
The exact sentence was, 'Following your interview, we are pleased to inform you that you will be receiving an offer from UCAS of a place for 2013/14 entry to our Medical course (A100).'

ASHKDKFJASHKDJFHAKSJDHFAKSJHDFAKFHDASK I screamed and shrieked and ashdfakjsdhkalfjshkal-ed. It was pure relief and joy. Joy, unspeakable joy. 

After all the helllllllll-ishness, THE JOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. All worth it. I'd go through all the 'not another random email, ugh'-ness for this. Now 2 more. More acceptances please! :D 

Praise God. I could never have done it on my own. Praise God Praise God Praise God! 

AND NOW I NEED TO GO STUDY. AND TELL THE REST OF THE GANG. BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment