Tuesday, December 31, 2013

10 Things I've Learnt This Year

1. Home is a feeling, not just a place. You can have a physical home, but without the people you love and care about, it's merely an empty building.

2. I am stronger than I think I am. I always thought that I'd be completely and utterly lost without my family and friends. Yet I've been here 3 months, and I'm surviving. And what's more, I'm actually starting to enjoy myself.

3. With true friends, distance really doesn't matter. We're miles apart, but that bond can't be broken. When we get back together again, it'll be like nothing has changed.

4. Opening yourself up to more people doesn't mean that you're losing the bond you have with the friends you already have. 

5. Most of the things your parents say end up being true. I may have plenty of disagreements with my parents, but being here, I've learnt to see from their point of view and well, they're right.

6. It's okay to feel lonely sometimes, but the important thing is to pick yourself up and to know that you're actually not alone. 

7. It's always easier to stay within your comfort zone, but it's good to step out and well, make friends with the locals. Heh.

8. I'm not good with dealing with peer pressure.

9. Misery loves company. When you're feeling down, talk to someone. There will be people who are feeling the same way but are just waiting for someone to talk to.

10. Be optimistic. Be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment