Sunday, August 24, 2014

#achievementunlocked

So today I

Sort of drove alone
All the way to Ampang 
& back, in the rain. 

It was a huge milestone for me because even though I've been driving for more than 2 years already (I'm a competent driver, no longer a P *old news* woot woot!), I never really dared to drive to unfamiliar places alone. Technically I wasn't alone today, I had Jayhan with me. But if anything were to happen, Jayhan would be of no help whatsoever so yeaaaah hahahah. & to Ampang somemore. Ampang to me is completely unfamiliar territory cuz it's so far out of the way that my family almost never goes there. So even the thought of driving there panicked me a little heh. Also, most of my driving was to college, and even then Shman would never allow me to drive in the rain. If it rained, he'd always insist on driving. So, for me to be able to do what I did today, was an amazing achievement. *bows to imaginary audience*

At 8am today, I left Bukit Jelutong armed with Waze & a pre-planned getting-lost-time of 20 minutes, I headed into the wild unknown that was Ampang. JENG JENG JENGGGGGG. Surprisingly, thankfully, we didn't get lost & we made it in less time than expected :D *proud moment* Going back home went almost as smoothly, except for that one wrong turn that I made heh. 

What was I doing at Ampang today? There was a Taekwondo tournament being held there, at Spectrum shopping mall. Sir couldn't make it, so he put Jayhan, Raveen & I in charge. It was a hectic day, but I enjoyed it immensely. I spent the whole day running about, searching for my kids & forcing them to sit still (& failing miserably), preparing them for their matches, giving them pep talks & coaching them. They all did so well, and even though not all of them won their matches & got medals or wtv, they fought so well & I was so proud :') 

Being around kids makes me so happy. Especially these little rascals. One of the things I love most is that to them, I'm not just their coach, but their friend as well. Like, they listen to what I have to say & all, but they also tell me stuffs & they can be completely silly with me & even make fun of me heh. I don't know, but for me, that's just so fulfilling. 

Super exhausted now, but I don't regret today one bit. 

Ps; Singapore post in the making! 

No comments:

Post a Comment