Saturday, August 23, 2014

Coming Home.

It's been 1 1/2 months since I've been back, & I actually expected to be writing quite a bit here. Well, so much for that. It's just, I've been so busy since, and I'm not even complaining! I've been meeting up with people, spending time with the family, doing house chores & doing all sorts. It's been an amazing summer so far :)

I meant to write about the recent trip to Singapore I had with the gang, but scratch that. I feel like writing about well, coming home.

The days leading to the big day (flying home!) were insane. There was so much to do, so little time. That was my fault I guess, I underestimated how much stuff I would have to bring back. Which meant I packed, & then I had to repack. & that was with Ethics Week all day, & all the lepak seshs we had planned that week, heh.

Cue pictures of Ethics week:

Summer ball! Thank you Eugene for being my date ;)

My girls! :)

Group 15 represent!

& Red Leicester afterwards!



Last day of Ethics week, last day of year 1 with Group 15! It's been a great year :)


Too much to do, not much time at all. I remember sitting on the floor of my room at 2, 3am one morning, whining to Eugene, SiauChian & Jason about how I was so frustrated with the packing. 

That aside, the other major issue was results, which were being released that Friday. If I didn't pass, what was the point packing to go home? I remember waking up on Friday with butterflies in my tummy. Waiting for results (which were supposed to be released at 2) was nerve-wrecking, so thankfully I'd already prepared in advance- I'd left some laundry & packing for the last minute, to take my mind off the waiting. It rained heavily the whole morning & I got soaked while doing laundry. Fell sick cuz of that, gr. Anyways, 2pm came and went & well, I still hadn't received my results. By 2.15, I was getting really stressed out & by 2.30, I was close to ripping my pillow to shreds. What more, the conversation I had going with the Fa Hiao Family was getting even more intense as time passed. K Fung skyped me then, thank God for that. He reassured me that it'd be fine, but I think I spent that whole conversation stressing about 'what if I fail' etc etc. When he hung up 10 minutes later (he was going to meet up with the guys for pool), I received my results. & I passed! Seeing that I passed, I burst into quick tears because I am actually going home! One of the best feelings ever. 

After letting my parents & the mafias know, we had our last dinner at halls, 

which thank God, was alright, & 

moved our stuff to our new home! It was crazeeeee. Firstly because our tenant had someone else who was staying there, and we weren't completely sure when they'd leave exactly. Fortunately, they'd already left that Friday morning. Then there was the issue of carrying all our luggage & boxes up so many flights of stairs hohoho. It wasn't as bad as we thought, & it was done quicker than I expected, thank goodness. It was such an amazing feeling though, moving stuff in to what would be our new home. That, plus the excitement of going home- it was more than once that me & VeiLynn, SiauChian, Feeb & Jason looked at each other and squealed that we're going homeeeeee! Heheheh. 

After dinner (again) & dessert,

Cookies & cream + strawberry ice cream at Bru!

Feeb & I went back to halls & spent our last night there. & since I'd already packed everything up except my luggage home, I slept on a bedsheet-less bed, without a pillow & duvet. Got even sicker that night cuz it was cold T_____T

The next morning, Chris, Feeb & I had our last breakfast at halls together. 

All they had was cereal, yogurt & hard boiled eggs. Disappointing last breakfast gr.

Said goodbye to our rooms afterwards,


& moved into SiauChian's. The next few days passed by in a blur of lepak seshs, 




The new trendddddd ;)

The girls! .. & Jason heh.


More ice cream moreeeeeeeeeeeeeee




& then the day arrived! Leaving was nostalgic - I knew I was going to miss the Leicester family, but at the same time, I was so looking forward to go home! Cabbed with Jason & VeiLynn. Was supposed to sleep the ride away, but we ended up talking instead. #needtopee

Going home!

On the flight liaooooo. Excited excitedddd




Transit at Dubai! We were all taking the same flight back, & were queuing for transit. Line was craycray.

Yeah Jason you very strong la. 

I slept through most of the flight back, & finally, the pilot announced that we were arriving yayyyyyy. Could barely sit still after that announcement heh. Before we even touched down, I could already feel the heat ohmygosh you have no idea. PANAS GILA NAK MAMPUS. Wanted to rush off the plane once we landed, but that was impossible. Oh, funny story - I couldn't get my bag down from the overhead compartment so all I could do was stare at it until someone offered to help me heheheh. #shortpeopleproblems

Waiting for luggage was hell. I think we spent close to an hour in the airport after we arrived cuz our luggages took so long gr. When I finally walked out into the arrival hall, I scanned around till I saw my parents & grandma & we had a sort of tearful reunion. So happy to finally see them after so long :') Surprisingly, the mafia gang (who said they were gonna pick me from the airport) were no where to be seen so I gave Lynn a call- turns out they couldn't make it. I'd find out later that Hari, who was supposed to be the driver, had fallen ill to dengue. So oh well, having my family there was good enough :) Said goodbye to Jason & VeiLynn and headed home.

& when Lynn & Jannah came over that night, when I finally saw my brother again, when I oovoo-ed the gang without having any time difference difficulties, & on Friday, when I dramatically ran across the Taekwondo hall into Evo's arms & Shman's (told you it was dramatic.), & even when I got nagged by my parents ...

There was no way to express how glad I was to be home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment