Monday, April 5, 2010

chess tournament mssd, day 1

i needa draft this out first, when everything is fresh on my mind. i'll post it later :) 
to lynn and jannah, if you read this LATER, i'm sorry for not telling you guys the truth earlier. i wanted to see your reaction, face-to-face :)

on the way there, the guys ABANDONED me. and left me to sit behind, between two people i barely know, irsalina and shaza. that made me even more nervous -.- because of the awkward silence between us, i had TOO much time to think. and as usual, my overactive imagination made me think of "if i lose if i lose if i lose...." crappy. 
the funny thing is, i actually asked hari to slap shman. and he did. and then, i asked andrew. and andrew also did. i asked hazwan as well, and he also did. HAHA XD i actually meant, slap on the shoulder. but they actually slapped ashman's face XD haha. i remember hari saying "sorry la, don't cry" XD

oh okay, so. mssd.
as expected, ashman won every match. so 4/4 points :D I TOLD YOU SO ;D
buttttt, he got all the um. how should i put this? ah well. he got all the 'easy' people. who give away free rooks and etc. according to shman.
and AHHA i was about to betray shman if low jun jian was hot, but -.-' he isn't, so haha ;D i'm stuck with shman :P

okay. hari and hazwan also won all their games, and andrew won 3/4. our guys under 18 is HAVING THE TOP SPOT right now with 15/16 points! :D YESH! smk usj 12 is just 1 point behind us though, so the guys have gotta keep up their performance :)

ah well. my results:

1st round
ahha this was the funniest round. i was playing white. the both of us were first-timers so we were both nervous. i was thinking about hari and hazwan's face when shman and i pulled that prank on them, and they thought they'd lost to me. HAHA ;D and immediately, my nervousness kinda vanished. LOL. my opponent's hand was shaking. haha :P and I WON ;D yesh! :) i was estatic. my FIRST game, and i won :D
YAY!

2nd round
this round sucked. i made a horrible blunder. and she took my queen :( i was DEVASTATED :( she was in such a better position than me, and she could've checkmated me. haha but she didn't see. i managed to exchange all the pieces till there was only my king + her bishop and king. which basically means, draw. i offered draw to her TWICE, and both times, she declined. oh COME ON! you can't win with just bishop and king -.-' so, i tried to win on time XD haha! but the arbiter came, and he told us that it was a draw :/
so, a draw it is.

lunchtime!
we walked all the way to 7-eleven. turns out, hazwan's 'prediction' about kfc was right. there IS a kfc there. ahha unfortunately, i didn't really have the appetite, so i didn't eat. and now i'm hungry :(


after that, went back. checked the pairing. the arbiters made a mistake and listed it as ashman losing the 2nd round. thank god they changed it!

3rd round
this was honestly depressing, so i will only give main points. I HAD ONE MORE MOVE TO CHECKMATE. I WAS UP IN PIECES. and SHE CHECKMATED ME FIRST :( i was focusing on attacking her till i didn't see :(

after that round, i was horribly depressed. as usual, guys being guys, they did tried to pujuk me, going "jas it's alright la, it's just one round" etc etc. but ahha. it didn't work though -.- we were sitting on the road outside the hall. there were pebbles all around me, so i took them and threw them at the guys. i managed to get two into hari's shirt, and i put some in shman's shoe :D i was being so quiet, i think it was a bit creepy. ahha. 

4th round
this was nice :) seriously FUNNY. she actually tried to use 4-step on me. LOL I'M NOT THAT SUCKISH ALRIGHT? -.- siao. anyway, plainly said, i won :) ahha.

almost all of the last 3 rounds ended with all of us hanging outside, watching hazwan play -.-' haha. short people see better, hari. short people see better :)
i think ashman, hari, andrew and hazwan are sick of me. i've been hanging around them ALL DAY. actually, every day ever since this chess-craze started. ahha. i bet they're sick of me XD


shman's being creepy. he's been so quiet today, it's scaring me :/
what's more? he has no reason to be sad or anything, he won EVERYTHING. :/

final result: 

winnie: 4/4
shaza: 3/4
me: 2.5/4
amirah: 2/4

overall, i think we did quite well :)


i'm not exactly happy with my results. i'm just okay. leaning to unhappy though.
I KEEP THINKING "I COULD'VE DONE BETTER!"
ah well, there's still tmrw. if i wanna reach my goal of 6 points. i can't lose a single game tmrw. that'll be hard :/
my brain's killing me. i might JUST get a headache. PLEASE NO NO NO NO NO HEADACHES! not now!
plus, my legs are killing me. standing around and walking around took its toll on my legs :(
or most probably, i was so nervous, my legs were shaking. my mum said that THAT can cause extreme tiredness. yeah, i guess that's it. my legs are super tired, i can't even walk properly :( ask lynn. ask jannah.


anyway,
congrats, hari, shman, andrew, hazwan! :D
and you guys, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS TMRW,
thanks for believing in me, even when i didn't believe in myself.
thanks for teaching me eventhough you were busy with your own trainings.
thanks for staying up SO LATE just to teman me late at night.
thanks for making me laugh whenever i'm disappointed in myself, and trying to pujuk me. although it fails XD
THANKS LOADS ;D


you guys are the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment