Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Mafia Gang: A History Lesson.


With the upcoming (complete!) Mafia Gang meetup after 1 1/2 years, I've gotten a little lot overexcited & well, that triggered this post!

First things first, how I met everyone:

1. Lynn


Met Lynn when we were both just 9 years old. She was baby-sitted by Jit San's mum, who was my neighbour at the time. We used to see each other almost every day, & we played loads of games on mine & Jit San's front porches- badminton, kejar-kejar, water fights, etc. I remember evenings where I would scream across the wall, 'Eelynn! Badmintonnnnn!' Hahahah. Because we played badminton on our porches, with the railing in between as our net, the shuttlecock would always, always go up to the roof. Cue our yelling for my kakak at the time to get it for us hahahah. Oh oh oh and we always used to make flower chains with the ixora flowers in our gardens. I can't remember when it was, but after a while, I guess Lynn didn't need a babysitter anymore & that's when we lost contact :( When I moved to SMKBJ in Form 1, I met her again but we weren't thaaaat close because we were in different classes at the time. In Form 2, I skipped ahead into 2 Omega & well, that was that! :D

2. Leek


It was the first day of high school, & Pn Norlia was getting us to decide on our new class monitor. & then the name 'Lee King' came up & my first thought was 'leaking?' HAHAHAHAH. Quite terrible la but if you'd heard Leek's name for the first time, you'd probably react the same way. Anyways, can't remember how we met exactly la but I had a thing for him back in those days. So weird to think of it now >_____> & yeah, Leek was & always will be the super blur guy. It's been 7 years now, and that hasn't changed a bit :P

3. Sehran


Sehran, Sehran. He was definitely not one of my favourite people in Form 1. In fact, he was quite an ass hahahah. Most of our Sigma guys were quite mischevious, and Sehran wasn't any different. I clearly remember this story- It was Maths class with En Isyraf, & Sehran had his Maths textbook propped up on the table & he was reading it, apparently. His MATHS TEXTBOOK. Who reads the maths texbook?! Anyways, En Isyraf (I almost forgot to put the En in front heh. Typical.) walked over, said something along the lines of 'You tengah baca apa?' which translates to 'What are you reading?', snatched Sehran's Maths textbook, & tadaaaaaaaa! Sehran had a Doraemon comic hidden behind the textbook. HAHAHAHAHA. I was also a little afraid of Sehran in the beginning because he once lost his temper with Hari(? or was it Vithya?) & it was reaaaally scary. In Form 2, Sehran stayed in Sigma while I moved into Omega, and that paused our friendship for a bit. Then in Form 3, he made it into Omega & we became close, & even closer in Form 4 due to chess (training for MSSD & all) heh.

4. Hari


Oh, Hari. I hated Hari back in Form 1 because he was a huge jerk. He was part of Vithya's gang & they used to pick on me & my friends gr. He even made one of my friends cry >_____> Ass. That was basically Form 1 la. Then in Form 2, he had a change of character (prolly because he was away from Vithya) & we became friends, although not that close. In Form 3, he was with the chess gang (Shman, Andrew, Hazwan, Sehran) & we got closer, & that continued in Form 4 when we all got separated but he was stuck with Lynn, Shman, & me. We bonded over chess & making fun of Shman heh heh.

5. Matt


For the life of me, I can't remember how Matthew & I met. We probably met through Moral class in Form 1, but I have no memory whatsoever of us in Form 1. We got closer in Form 3, after PMR, however. Since we had nothing to do after PMR, we spent most of our time lepaking in our little 3 Omega cabin (or as Matt puts it, OVEN) playing games. Mostly card games like choi dai di, uno, & the occasional strip poker (the guys played, us girls didn't). There was this one time where Matt lost quite terribly heh heh. Form 4 was when we got really close heh. Even though we were in different classes, Matt would always meet us at our bench (yes, we have our own bench :P ) after school, and he'd bring Monopoly deal & belanja us pizza hahahah :D Then he changed school but well, distance can go suck it :P

6. Evo


I met Evo in Form 1, because she was Lynn's best friend & all. But it wasn't till she decided to kepoh in one my conversations with Lynn that we became best friends. Lynn and I were having this serious emotional conversation & this baboon just barged in >____> So technically, our friendship is caused by her rudeness :P She's the 2nd blurrest person in the group, after Leek, & the most immature & mengada (some may say that's my spot, but it's not :P). However, she's also the mummy of the group & she takes care of people, heheh :D What can I say? The rest is simply, history :')

7. Jannah


When I first started hanging out with Lynn & Evo, I was kinda scared of Jannah hahahah. I felt like a stranger that just barged in on the 3 of them, and that Jannah didn't like me cuz I was stealing her friends, that kind of thing. If I remember correctly, I actually asked her if she felt that & she said no heh heh. We bonded arguing over whether David Archuleta or David Cook was better (I preferred the former, don't judge) and over the Jonas Brothers. She's also the one who created the nickname 'McCartney' for me & it's stuck to this day. Oh & if I'm not mistaken, Jannah got me started on baking, & blogging as well- so I really do have to thank her for this blog!

8. Shman


Shman only entered SMKBJ in Form 3. On the first day of class, Ruki introduced him to us & my first thought was that he looked like a nerd HAHAHAHA. In the meantime, Shman's first impression of me was that I was tall (because I was sitting down & apparently I look tall la when I'm sitting down) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. It wasn't until we were going down for recess that he discovered how short I really was. Oh well. About how we first started talking: I remember going up to his table few days after his first day (or was it the first day?) but Shman remembers it differently. According to him, Evo was playing badminton with him during koko, and I came up to Evo & asked her 'Evo, why are you playing with strangers?' hahahah. I'm pretty sure my version is the accurate one, although I do remember what Shman described happening as well. We got close in Form 4, but our friendship really developed in Form 5 when some troubles developed within the gang & Shman stuck by me throughout. & I think Shman & I have this ever-developing friendship cuz we're always trying to increase our friendship level- we're trying to get reach the maximum friendship level heh heh.

9. KFung


I knew of KFung in Form 1 because he was just one of those kids, you know? The popular guy who was a bit of a snob & a jerk (I'm allowed to say this because he knows). So yeaaah, never really liked the guy. Got to know him a little better because we were in the same Moral class, & he was close to my ex-boyfriend (crush, at that time). Turns out, he wasn't thaaaaat bad- still a bit of a jerk, but an okay one at that. In Form 4, we were assigned to the same class. In the beginning, his seat was on the opposite site of the world but after a while, he started hanging out at our (me, Lynn, Shman & Hari's) spot. Funny thing was, we were just okay friends until we had an argument one day. KFung stormed back into his allocated seat, but when he joined us again after that, that was it. KFung matured lots in the next year, & apart from being his friend, I developed respect for him. He's a strong, determined, amazing person & friend, & I hate that he's so far away. Which is why I'm so excited that I'm gonna see him in a bit! :D

10. Tim


Tim was the pendatang asing (illegal immigrant) of our group. He was a transfer student from Germany who joined us in Form 4. I remember when we found out we'd have a transfer student coming to our class- Lynn, Hari, KFung, Shman & I purposely skipped BM class (class was at the computer lab that day) & waited for him to come. We were being considerate k, imagine if he came by our class & there was no one there- that'd be so saddddd. So we waited & when Tim came, we were super enthusiastic & friendly. At first, we all thought his name was Jim hahah. Tim's pronounciation :'D After that, we brought him to BM class & everyone was so engrossed in Tim, no one even commented on us being late heh heh. Tim got stolen away from us then, oh well. For some odd reason, he decided to mix with us instead of the other gangs- we're still quite proud of that la actually hahah. He became especially close to KFung, till they even got matching tattoos - 'M'. He taught us some German, but we never really got him talking in BM. Salasiah was especially annoyed at that, & at him most of the time heh -____- & just as sudden as he came, he left a year later :( :(


How the Mafia Gang became what it is today:

Disclaimer: pics do not match years.

2007



Founders were Jannah, Evo & Lynn. 

2008


I joined them girls! :D

2007 & 2008 were our all-girl years, because in 

2009


Leek joined! (Ignore the blurriness & the extra Shman) 

2010


The chess gang (Shman, Sehran & Hari) got sucked into our black hole.
KF joined
Tim joined
Matt joined

From all girls, our gang was now guys > girls, ratio 7:4 hahahah

2011

A few major conflicts took place, but all was fine in the end & we were stronger than ever :)

In July, Tim left :(


And then there were 10:


2012

As high school ended, we had to part ways. 

Lynn, Shman, Leek & Jas - TCSJ 
Jannah - KYUEM
Evo - MMU
Sehran & KFung - TARC
Hari - AIMST (all the way in Kedah)
Matthew - MSU

We were bestowed the name 'Mafia Gang' thanks to Lynn's dad :D

Despite distance, we still met up ever so often, even though it was hard to get everyone in one place at the same time.

Then in 

2013

Sehran transferred to ICAM, Pahang :(

We had our first & last (till today) complete Mafia Gang meetup during CNY at my house :(


First ever Mafia Gang trip, to Malacca! :)

+ Sarah, - Jannah :S

KFung left to NTU, Singapore. 


Leek left next, to Bristol, UK.



Then came the time for me to leave - to Leicester, UK :(


2014

Twas a difficult year away from my darls, but coming home couldn't be any better. 

Visited Singapore with the girls & met up with KFung! :)


Today

Mafia Gang going as strong as ever, & we're finally gonna have another complete gang meetup this Saturdayyyyy! :D


& that's that. 

As my parents always say, (in different words, but still.)
'The friends you have from high school, those are the ones who're not pretentious, who're not using you for opportunistic reasons. Once you leave high school, you'll meet people who only befriend you to make use of you. Cherish your high school friendships, those are your true friends.'

1 comment:

  1. I laughed and cried <3 hopefully the us will be to eternity :)

    ReplyDelete