Saturday, August 10, 2013

Dream Yourself To Oblivion.

I can't get this off my mind, so here goes.

Before I begin, though, just a little background knowledge:
My uncle/ grandfather figure (it's a really long story) passed away back in 2010. Maybe it's because I've been reminiscing too much, looking through old photo albums. Or maybe it's because I had a conversation about 'Dreams' with Jacky on Thursday night. He asked about my nightmares. I told him I couldn't remember but that was clearly a lie. There's always that one dream I'll always remember. And that's probably what caused the similarities between that dream and this following dream. Whatever the reason, this was what I dreamt on Thursday night/  Friday morning.

He was alive. Turns out he wasn't gone after all, but he was just in hiding, from the authorities. For some weird reason they wanted him. It had been some time since he'd 'passed away', but suddenly the authorities suspected that he wasn't really dead. So they decided to do some kind of weird check. This was really weird, but apparently uncle died because of some sickness, I'm not sure what it was. But in order to clear their suspicions, the authorities had to make sure that every single person in our village (mmhmm, we lived in a village.) had that disease as well. Which would be fine because everyone in the village did have that sickness. Well, except for my grandma and I. The people closest to him. WHICH WOULD BE FRIGGING WEIRD LA. No one knew they were gonna do that check-up, but weirdly uncle knew. So he came back and warned us to fake being sick heh. And then he had to hide because the authorities reached our house. Narrow escapeeee. After checking everyone, the authorities were finally satisfied and I guess they were happy enough with their findings, their suspicions cleared. And then uncle had to go back into hiding. While he was leaving all I could do was stand there screaming for him to come back. I couldn't do anything. And just like I did when he left us the first time, and in my dreams the second time, I didn't get to tell him I love him. Nor did I get to say goodbye.

And then I woke up. With a heavy heart and that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. It's horrible, that feeling.

Is it just me, that when I dream I always don't realize it's a dream, and I believe it completely? Or does that happen to everyone else? This sucks, seriously :(


Also, my mum woke up crying today morning because I'll be leaving soon. She doesn't want to talk about it, but I'm pretty sure she dreamt about it. Ah this is so sad.


Go ahead, dream yourself to oblivion.


No comments:

Post a Comment