Friday, August 9, 2013

'So rich ah!'

That, right up there, is one of the statements which annoy me the most. Usually this statement will be uttered when asking about my planned course and where I'm planning to pursue it. What course? Medicine. Where? UK. And then comes the infamous statement 'WAH SO RICH AH!' , along with the perception that I'm a spoilt brat. I hate to burst your bubble, but your perceptions are completely and utterly wrong. I'm not rich, at least, I never thought myself to be. I'd say my family is above average, and that's all thanks to my parents. They both came from families with low income, and they worked really hard (my dad especially) to make it this far. He's a really hard worker, and he's really determined to provide my family with a comfortable life. Also, my parents are really spendthrift. They don't spend unnecessarily, and the only thing they splurge on is family vacations. And they've always planned ahead for me and my brother's education. They've saved up so we sort of have an education fund. So no, we're not rich. We just save what we have. And another thing. I'm not spoilt. My parents never spoilt me with unnecessary things, and most of the time I get 'No's instead of 'Yes'-es. Plus I never demanded my parents send me to UK. I told them what I wanted (which was to go to UK), and then I let them decide. I never forced them or cajoled them to let me go. It was their decision alone, and I took mo part in making it. So strike 2 against the idea of me being a spoilt brat.

While I'm at it, there's something else that really annoys me- when someone puts themselves down. They make themselves look so unimportant and lowly, so how do they expect others to see them and treat them? All of you, everyone- have some self-pride, some self-worth, and love yourself. Never look down on yourself.

Dear readers, do take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment