Sunday, July 14, 2013

God Works In Wondrous Ways! :)

During CF Camp (which I haven't had the time to blog about), I made a decision and a commitment to take God more seriously and really really try to be a disciple of Jesus. On Wednesday, I was already all tucked up comfortably in my bed when my phone vibrated - and it was Chris. I wanted to ignore it and go back to sleep, but I was so surprised because, why would Chris personally wanna talk to me for? So I unlocked my phone and started chatting with him. He was asking the usual stuff, whether I was coming to CG this week and what I had been up to when out of the blue, he dropped the big question. JENG JENG JENGGGGG. 



It just hit me, what if I had gone to sleep and ignored Chris? Perhaps he may have asked someone else, but thank God, I didn't ignore him hahah. Divine appointment?

Aaaanyways, as you can see, I said okay. Before camp, I would have said no because a) I have no experience doing word and b) My bible knowledge isn't even that deep. But I felt as though this was God's challenge to me, as though he was saying 'You've made a commitment to me, I wanna see if you'll stick with it.' So yeah, I said okay. In fact, Chris actually commented yesterday on how nonchalantly I replied him. Like, just 'okay', hahah. He was surprised :P

I didn't go ahead with it unprepared la, of course. Chris sent me the cell notes and I looked through them, read the verses and tried to understand them even more. Then came time for CG, and I was quite nervous, ish. We talked and catched up, played games, had worship, and theeeeen it was time for word. Kylie and Chris were excited cuz 'The Wise One' would be sharing, and I was so scared I'll let them down. So I just surrendered into His hands and prayed that everyone will receive what He was trying to convey. One of the questions I asked was 'how does God speak to you?' and that was when I realized that He had used Chris to speak to me :') Anyways, I had fun and it was really more like a discussion that I was leading, that's all. Everyone shared and it was just a good time :) I didn't think I did well, but at the end of it, everyone said I did good and they were really blessed so. God works in wondrous ways, and I feel He used me this time :) Like, I took a step of faith and He backed me up! :) Really really blessed. Praise God!

On another hand, a little update:

Yesterday
Went for CG, as you already know. I didn't realize how much I missed them until I saw them. (I'm missing people a lot more nowadays. Mmm.) Had a great time, as usual :) oh and we started playing Angels and Mortals yesterday! It'll last till September, when I leave. Sigh. Kylie's also leaving, she got accepted into a Singapore uni and she's going off in Aug. Ben and Marissa may be leaving too in Jan, if they get to buy a house in Aussie. WIFI-JC getting smaller :( Anyways, we played a shooting? game as well. Chris decided to the punishment would be 10 push ups each round, and there'll be 5 losers each round. We played two rounds, and Chris lost both. Ben and I didn't lose at all (cue applause!) and so we did the count. Hahah. Chris ah, he always comes up with the punishments and he always kena :P heh. Oh and we also watched Chris' Malaysian Studies video about Manglish. Twas so funny eventho we could barely listen. After cell, we had a bit of a transport problem so I had to call Hao Yen to pick me and Xinyi. He came with his whole rombongan (Hao Yang, Hao Yi, Jason, Alvin and Ben Yap) and crashed the house. Turns out Hao Yen's mum had to come pick us. And boy was she annoyed at us. Oops? In the end the all the guys followed HY's mum, and us girls (Xinyi, Chloe, Kamen and me) followed Kamen and Kasen's parents. We were late for service and Pr Chew spoke on Deception. Was an interesting sermon, but I was so tired I couldn't pay attention >.<
That's all for Sat I guess?

Today!
Went for breakfast with Lynn, Evo, Jannah, Sehran and Hari. Jannah merely joined us, mind you. She didn't eat or anything. Hari, Lynn and I reached Space U8 first, and we headed to Subway since Lynn was craving it. It was closed, by we saw Firdaus inside. He signaled to Lynn that they only open at 10, so she just stood there, staring into Subway and whining to us. Heheheh. So we went to Subaidah instead. Where Lynn spent ages questioning Hari on the difference types of mamak foods while the waiter waited for us to order. Talked about stuff and more stuff and about Kaelan and suddenlyyyyyyyyyy Kaelan came! :P Hahah so funny.
Yeah that's about it I guess. Missing Sehran already.

More updates soon! :)

Seriously, if there's more people who read my blog than I think, I may be in biiiiig trouble. Eeeeee. 


No comments:

Post a Comment