Sunday, July 21, 2013

Update Updateeee :)

Just a small update about things I've been up to for the past few days:

Friday
Went to collect my new IC with mummy. Again, it was relatively empty, so it took merely a few minutes. Since MABECS suggested that I get a traditional outfit for events in UK, and we were in Plaza Masalam, mummy decided to bring me kurung shopping. I'd prefer kebayas, actually, but mummy said no so oh well. Couldn't find anything nice, though. So we went back empty handed.
Taekwondo that night was good. Mainly practiced slide-in kicks, which went okay. At the end we got to use the kicking/punching bags, and we had to do jumping backthrusts. And sir said mine were good! ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED WOOHOOOO :D

Saturday
Invited Lynn, Leek and Matt for Streetfest but they couldn't make it :( Left house at 12, brought Jason for lunch at Burger King then went to pick Xinyi. Halfway to Xinyi's house, she texted me saying she wasn't going. Ishhh. So I had to turn back and head to SMCC. Streetfest was great as usual, Jon Ngan spoke to us about faith (Hebrews 11:6) and also about asking, seeking and knocking (Luke 11:9-10) One thing he said that really struck me was how we pray about stuff, but when it doesn't happen, we merely accept it as 'God's will', instead of 'seeking' and 'knocking'. And that's something I usually do, so that hit me. After Streetfest, WIFI-JC hung out and discussed 'stuffs' :P Hahahah. OH OH ALSO,

Got the #challenge923 band :)

MATCHING OUTFITS!

Such a coincidence. I walked in, saw Janelle and the first thing she said was 'Why are you wearing the same thing as Sarah?' Hahahah. #shortpeopletelepathy 

At night, Leek picked me up for dinner with the CF Committee '12. He was supposed to pick me at 7.10, but Leek being Leek, sure lambat :P Somemore we had to pick Jacky from college. He actually had his own car, but he was TOO LAZY to drive to Empire -.- Because of that, we were fashionably late by half an hour. 

Oh and I came to a realization - Jacky is a 'lam piah' (Hokkien).  It's basically a biscuit, the outside is hard and crunchy, but the inside is soft. Like Jacky :P Outside very tough, but deep down he's a softie :P I hope Jacky doesn't see this, or I'll get punched D:

Aaaanyways, we arrived late. Oh dinner was at Italiannies btw. Dragged time to decide what to order. Made fun of Jacky. Talked grown-up stuff, talked random stuff. Talked stuff. Made more fun of Jacky. Dinner was good, and I have come to a conclusion: Whenever I go out with other people, they will take food for me. Natural response. I don't know why >____> Hahahah. Anyway, even dinner was funny. Everyone was so paiseh they didn't want to take the last slice of lasagna, and Leek and Jacky were too paiseh to admit they were still hungry after we finished the food. Silly dong dongs. 

After dinner, we sat chatting some more, until Jeannie had to leave. Jacky came up a brilliant idea - speeches. I hate speeches. They make me sentimental. So everyone pushed the first speech to Jacky, who of course, refused. So we went out to take pictures first!


Then we stood outside Italiannies and made our speeches. We were all desperate to pee actually :P But since Jeannie was leaving we just continued and completed everyone's speeches before we went to pee. So yeah, everyone gave a short speech and at the end of it it got kinda sentimental. Which was ruined because we all had to rush to the bathroom hahah :P And why ah, guys bathroom always before the ladies? Should be ladies first right? Safer and more convenient. Shopping malls, do take note. 

After peeing, we all went in search for our cars. Got lost because we went the wrong way. THANKS JACKY. We were already headed in the right direction but he juuuust had to direct us the opposite way. Gr. Oh and on the way to our cars I saw Maanoj! :D Hahah. Sent off Zimin and Jared first, Zimin was following Jared back and thankfully our wrong-direction-walk was not in vain since Jared's car was on that side of the world. Then the rest of us walked back in the direction that we came from, said our goodbyes and left D: With Leek The Genius forgetting where exactly he parked his car. Thank God I remembered. We drove off and were just about to go up the ramp when this car stopped in front of us. It was Alvin, Esther and Jacky. So we played highlights and honkings for the rest of the way hahah. Typical.

OH AND DID I MENTION THAT JACKY GAVE ME A HUG. He was trying to get hugs from everyone but kept getting rejected. Kesian Jacky hahah :P

Pictures of me and Jacky! 

I can't believe Jacky and I used to dislike each other. Okay no lah, I don't know if Jacky used to dislike me but I certainly did him because he made fun of me. A lot. And scolded me a lot. He ALWAYS had an insult prepared for me, and he used to scold me for doing things wrong in CF. I didn't know it at the time, but he scolded EVERYONE. Hahahah Jacky :') He's more of a boss than Alvin sometimes. Sorry boss! :P

Reminiscing:
One day after CF, I was walking down the stairs with Lynn. The stairs were really wet because it had just rained, and me being me, I slipped and slid down the next few steps. And then Jacky 'shouted' (I was a few steps lower than him), 'I didn't know short people can fall.' Lynn was so mad she snapped back at him and scolded him hahah. 

Memories, memories :')

I'm really glad I went for CF, and joined the CF Committee. It's been such a joy serving with these people. I remember how awkward it was when I first came in, but everyone was so welcoming and friendly (except for one person whom I thought was a snob but booooy, was I wrong). I feel we warmed up to each other really quickly. Even Brian, who joined us at meetings, once commended us on how quickly and how well we got together compared to his committee back then. We spend more time during meetings diverting from the topic and talking nonsense hoho. I feel we're more of a family than just a committee, and I really thank God for giving me the chance to serve with such God-loving people. It's given me the opportunity to know Him more as well. 

Blessed to know these people.

And lastly, 
Today, Sunday
Ajaked everyone to go out but some couldn't make it, some didn't reply, so went for breakfast with KFung. Had to wake him up, as usual. Gonna miss waking him up really soon ish. So yeah, had breakfast at Tanjung. Chitchatted about stuffs, mostly about the future and what our plans are and all. And also. Results in less than a month! And if I really am leaving, just 2 more months onlyyyy. Getting butterflies in my tummy now just thinking about it. And why do people keep making fun of my smallness and saying that it's gonna be hard for me there cuz everyone is super tall and I'm ... you know. 

Really wanted to see Lynn and give her her pressie (YES LYNN YOUR PRESSIE IS WITH MOI) but she's at work today so yeah :( 

Parents went to IKEA  to get furniture for the other house, but I couldn't go because I had Taekwondo. Oh Taekwondo today was painful. Too much stretching. Jayhan, Voe, Raven and I got it the worst -___- Sir is a meanie beanie gr. Oh and Jayhan asked me to do this position


since I have quite good lower back flexibility, and I could do it! :D Woooh. He spent the rest of the class trying to do it but he couldn't. Nyeheheh :P Oh and omgosh Ethan and Aiden are so cute. They're always tickling each other whenever they're paired up together and they won't stop laughing. So funny. If they were doing it at our age, it'll be so awkward, it'll be sexual harassment. Ah kids bliss of being naive :')

Edit: Just found out the pose above is called a chakrasana. Interesting.

That's all I guess. Not much happening. Shifting house next week so it's gonna be a busy week ahead. 
Till my next post! 

:)

Ps. On a Disney music marathon at the moment. So many childhood memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment