Friday, July 12, 2013

Good vs Evil.

Don't you wonder sometimes, is there more good or bad in this world? Usually I'd say there's more good, but today was one of the days that made me question that.

Let's see, shall we?

A Good vs Evil day analysis.

Today morning, I had to go to the post office at Shah Alam Giant to get some stamps for an urgent letter. Once there, I took a ticket - 2026 - the current number was 2022. The lady at the counter was reaaaally slow, and I was quite fidgety because I was in a rush. I wanted to get to SS15 before the jam. Eeeee. Anyways, while waiting, I could feel this kakak watching me. That annoyed me even more because I'm quite self-concious. When the machine called out 2024, she gestured to me and gave me her ticket, 2024. Turns out she took the wrong ticket and she didn't need that one. I was so pleasantly surprised that I was stunned into silence for a few moments. Until the machine called out 2025. I thanked her then rushed forward to get my stamps. I came back afterwards to thank her again, and all she said was 'tak apa, tak apa!' Thank you kakak in the yellow tudung! 

Good 1 - 0 Evil

After that, I went to Guardian to get some stuffs. I'm pretty sure it's not just me, but wherever shoppers go, I'm sure the sales assistant or wtv will just give you glances and then look past you as though you don't exist.  Not everywhere la, but most places. Especially if you're a student and you look as though you can't really afford anything anyway. So I walked past the pharmacy area, and all the pharmacists turned to me, and they welcomed and greeted me! One of them even asked if they could help me search for whatever it is I was looking for. Such a pleasant surprise! We need more shop assistants like this :) These people gmh! :')

2 - 0

After that, I headed to Subang. Near the turning to Glenmarie, I nearly got killed. Twice. By the same lorry driver. Freak. The first time was when I was cutting into his lane, the one most on the left. He was so far away that I couldn't see a single hair of him. Nuh-uh. I was halfway cutting into the lane when he sped up as though taking an aim at me -.- So I swerved to my right and nearly got hit by the oncoming car. Gr. The second time was at the turning. I was in the most left lane, and he was on my right. He looked as though he wanted to cut in, so I gave him this HUGE space. I'm not even exaggerating. And he chose to stay on his lane, and since it was nearing the turning, I thought 'Nevermind lah, he's probably not coming in.' and sped up slightly. I was RIGHT AT THE TURNING NOW, mind you. And he swerved into my lane like I wasn't even there. He was so close that I had to sudden brake. Idk, but I feel it was intentional. And I could feel him laughing at me. Ugh. SCB. 

2 - 1

Reached SS15, and I got stuck in a jam (what's new?) in front of PappaRich, at the turning into Taylor's. It's a two way lane, mind you, but when it's a jam, that two way lane would become a horrendous mess of a one way lane. I was sticking in my lane (YES I WAS), when this Avanza came from the opposite direction and BARGED into my lane. Not his supposed lane you know, my lane. My correct lane. And he had the nerve to honk me. Ugh. SCB SCB SCB

2 - 2

Still stuck in the jam, I was driving past INTI when I got pulled over by a cop. Then another cop came over to my window and DEMANDED for my 'handset (phone) sebab abang tu kata dia nampak you guna handset tadi.' I was like, WTH? I was sitting in one of my ugh-stuck-in-a-jam-again stances, this time the one with both hands gripping the top of the steering and leaning forwards (Shman should know this stance.) Yeap, I was SO using my phone. So I refused to give it to him, and we had an argument because I told him I wasn't using it. He kept insisting and pushing. And pushing. And pushing. Ugh. After a while, he gave in and demanded to see my licence. I gave it to him, he glanced at it, checked my P stickers, then continued staring at it for like what, 2 minutes?! It doesn't take THAT long to check whatever it is you have to check, does it?! I've a feeling he was waiting for duit kopi, but no way was I paying him off -.- I let him stare at it some more and waited until I lost my patience. 'Boleh pergi tak?' I demanded in the haughtiest tone possible. He let me go, and I drove off annoyed. GRRRRRRRRR.

2 - 3 

After CF, I was kinda worried about walking alone to the car cuz I parked in the housing area and there's been alot of robberies and attempted kidnapping cases there. I ranted abit, and Brian offered to drop me off at my car. Oh yes, Brian came today! :) He's come back from Aussie for vacation, so he dropped by to visit. Him and Andrew and one of their homeschool friends, Krystal?, to be exact. It was so nice seeing the both of them again. And smth funny happened. Brian had his arms stretched wide when I was walking towards him, and I just said hi and stood there. And then he gestured to me, 'no hug?'. So hug lah omg so demanding. So kiut. Reminds me of the deal I made with Shman that time. Heh. Eeeeee. Diverted too much. Yeap, so we walked to Brian's car and he took a detour and dropped me off at my car, safe and sound! :)

3 - 3

Usually when I'm stuck in a jam and there's a traffic light (it's green), I'll make sure I don't go into the yellow box because what's the point? It doesn't really make a difference since we're barely even moving right? And usually I'll get honked and glares and etc etc. But today! I stopped at the traffic light and the car beside me stopped as well. AND I didn't get honked. Felt so proud of myself and the driver next to me that I actually turned to smile at him/her. Buuuuut it got kind of awkward so yeaaaah. But anyways! God bless that driver! :)

4 - 3


Aaaaaaaaaaaaand goodness wins! :) I'm pretty sure goodness would win by a bigger margin if I were to list down all the good things that happened today, but these are some of the significant few which really made me feel proud of humanity :) #berdrama   Meanwhile, these really are the only things which pissed me off today. So yay! Goodness triumphs over evil! :D

That's all lah for today. Just came back from taekwondo so feeling quite tired now. Nights! 



No comments:

Post a Comment