Thursday, July 18, 2013

Kay so I'm gonna go on a little rant. It annoys me when people post stuff like 'when a soldier dies/ when normal people die, no one cares. But when a celebrity dies, the world seems to go into chaos.' that sort of thing. You see right. It's not that we don't care. For me at least. I'm sad lah whenever I hear of anyone dying. ANYONE. So it's not just celebrities. But the thing is, they are celebrities. Their whole existence, they've been famous so what do you expect when they die? Sure same thing what right? And the reason why I get more emotional when it comes to celebrities dying is because I feel like I share a part of them. And when they die, that little part of me that  I share with them, dies alongside them. It's the connection I have with their character or their music. You know lah what I mean. I feel like I know them. Even though in reality, I don't.

So that's why their death hits harder than other passings. I'm not undermining other passings, they affect me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment